Sunday, January 02, 2005

Preparing the Way of the Lord 1-2-05

Sunday, January 2, 2005 -- Morning by Morning Good morning, Lord Jesus. I decrease as You increase. I turn my thoughts away from myself and turn them to You. ... Lord, as we advance with You in Your kingdom this year, let our words and our actions lead others to advance with You as well. Let us know the joy of being used by Your Spirit to turn the hearts and minds of men and women to You. Let every person see their significance and find their place in the army of the Lord that You are assembling. John the Baptist was a voice of one crying in the wilderness in his generation. He was preparing the way of the Lord by turning all attention to You: "They came to John and said to him, 'Rabbi, the One Who was with you across the Jordan, to Whom you testified, here He is baptizing, and all are going to Him.' John answered, 'No one can receive anything except that which has been given from heaven. You yourselves are my witness that I said, 'I am not the Messiah, but I have been sent ahead of Him.' He who has the bride is the Bridegroom. The friend of the Bridegroom, who stands and hears Him, rejoices greatly at the Bridegroom's voice. For this reason my joy has been fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease" -- John 3.26-30. Let us take our places in our generation, to turn others to You. Let us be friends of the Bridegroom who stand before You and hear Your voice. As we hear and obey, our joy will be full. As we learn to turn our thoughts away from ourselves and toward You, we will decrease and You will increase in our lives and in the lives of those we lead to You. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!