Thursday, January 06, 2005

Rumbling of Revival 1-6-05

Thursday, January 6, 2005 -- Morning by Morning Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me be humbled that You may be exalted, help me be quiet that You may speak. Looking to You I will see, listening for You I will hear -- all by the gift of Your grace in the communion of prayer. ... There is a rumbling of revival in the land. Like the waters behind a damn about to burst, like the pressure building beneath a geyser about to blow -- there is a rumbling of revival in the land. Lord, stir our hearts with a desperate hunger for the fullness of Your presence. You have called many of us to fast and pray in various ways for the first forty days of this year. Let us fast and pray for You to satisfy our hunger with Your presence. You are "the Bread of Life" -- John 6.35. Teach us the blessing of spiritual hunger that we may be satisfied with nothing but the bread of Your presence as we learn to abide in You and allow You to abide in us. "So Jesus said to them, 'Very truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Those who eat My flesh and drink My blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day; for My flesh is true food and My blood is true drink. Those who eat My flesh and drink My blood abide in Me, and I in them. Just as the Living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats Me will live because of Me. This is the Bread that came down from heaven, not like that which your ancestors ate, and they died. But the one who eats this Bread will live forever" -- John 6.53-58. Lord, teach us this mystery of hungering for You and receiving the flesh and blood of Your presence as You abide within us in the communion of prayer. This is revival -- the living presence of the Living God fully abiding in the hearts of His people. This is the revival that all creation is groaning to see. "For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God" -- Romans 8.19. Come, Lord Jesus -- let there be revival throughout the land! In Jesus' name we pray. Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, as we know, not every area in the wake of the tsunami in Asia had the miraculous provision of complete protection that was over Pastor Paulos' ministry on the tiny island of Rameswaram -- the Lord's miracles of provision will come in other ways for thousands of others in need. If you are looking for a specific way to help a specific mininstry in need from the devastation in Asia, please consider giving to Gospel Friends in India. This is a ministry led by my friend Ghuna Kumar in Tamil Nadu, India. I have been there for ministry and seen the fruit of thier ministry to orphans and to the poorest of villages in that region, which was devastated by this tsunami. They have asked for funds to be given through Fishhook International, a ministry that helps cover Ghuna in prayer and provision. The address for these contributions is: "Fishhook International", PO Box 910691, Lexington, KY 40591-0691. Every check marked "tsunami relief" will go directly to them. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!