Thursday, January 13, 2005

True Colors of the Soul 1-13-05

Thursday, January 13, 2005 -- Morning by Morning Good morning, Lord Jesus. Reign in my thoughts; sharpen my focus. Deliver me from distractions as I seek Your face and receive Your grace to watch and wait for You in prayer. ... Lord, it's been a long night and a hectic morning. Delayed and canceled flights, long lines and long waits, bad weather and bad manners all around. The conflict and chaos of unplanned and uncontrollable circumstances has a way of exposing the true colors of our soul. At times I have seen the steadiness of Your peace in my spirit, and at times I have seen the irritability and selfishness of my flesh. Forgive me, Lord for the moments I've walked in the flesh and not in the Spirit. May I grow in maturity even through these times as You forgive me and cleanse me, redeeming it all by the Blood of the Lamb. Thank You for the blessing of this little space of time to return my thoughts to You. Your Word is steady in the midst of the confusion; Your voice is clear in the midst of the chaos. You convict me as You remind me that these minor struggles are really nothing compared to what millions of others are suffering through now and every day. And even that is really nothing in comparison to what You have suffered through for us all eternally. You will always bear the marks of Your suffering on Your hands and feet -- the marks of Your love for us. Thank You for renewing my perspective. It brings peace again to my spirit and crucifixion to my flesh. Let us learn to live in this perspective and let us learn from our mistakes when we don't. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!