Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Trusting and Intimate Relationship 1-19-05

Wednesday, January 19, 2005 -- Morning by Morning Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Lead me in Your ways, teach me Your truth, live Your life through me this day. I welcome Your Holy Spirit here in my heart and here in this place as I come to my Father through You. ... "Good morning, My son. I am here in your heart and here in this place. I am everywhere, yet I reveal Myself as I will. I am in the air you breathe, yet I am not the air. I am in the light that displaces the darkness, yet I am not the light. I am Who I am. I long to reveal Myself to those who seek Me and I long to speak with those who will listen for Me. I have created My children for relationship with Me -- a trusting and intimate relationship. How much you see Me is determined by how much you seek Me; how much you hear Me is determined by how much you listen for Me. A trusting relationship takes time -- time with one another. An intimate relationship takes trust -- trust that comes with understanding My ways, My truth, and My life. These are learned and lived in relationship with Me. Let nothing hinder your relationship with Me -- no person, no attitude, no circumstance. I am here to give as much of Me as you will receive. Your response of trust to the continual offer of My presence determines the nature of the intimacy of our relationship. Choose well this day and every day." Yes, Lord. We could not choose You but by the grace You give us to choose. We could not desire You but by the grace You give us to desire. Yet, Your grace is available and You are willing. Forgive us when we hold back. It is us and not You that stand back when we let the things of this world distract us from seeking the fullness of Your presence. We say we want to be closer to You, but this kind of closeness takes time and attention. You have created us with freedom to choose how we will spend our time and to whom we will give our attention. Forgive us for our poor choices in the past and empower us to choose well this day and every day. Thank You for the promise of a trusting and intimate relationship: "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not your harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon Me and come and pray to Me, I will hear you. When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me, says the Lord..." -- Jeremiah 29.11-14. We seek You today, Lord, with all our heart. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!