Monday, January 24, 2005

Wash Over Me 1-24-05

Monday, January 24, 2005 -- Morning by Morning Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my King. I willingly submit to Your rule in my life this day and every day through the trusting surrender of my soul to You. ... Wash over me. With Your Spirit and Your Word. Wash over me. With Your mercy and Your love. In You, I'm clean. In You, I'm free. Free by the blood of the Lamb. Free by the touch of Your hand. In You, I'm clean. In You, I'm free. Free by the blood of the Lamb. Free by the touch of Your hand. Wash over me. Thank You, Lord, for the peace and the joy that comes with surrender. Thank You for this new song You've sung in my spirit this morning. We pray You would release the song of the Lord in the spirits of Your children throughout the earth this day. As we draw near to You, You draw near to us. As we come with humble hearts in the trusting surrender of our soul, Your Spirit and Your Word wash over us. As You spoke through Moses to Your first generation of priests, so You speak to our generation as we come to You each day in the sanctuary of our hearts: "You shall bring Aaron and his sons to the entrance of the tent of meeting, and wash them with water" -- Exodus 29.4. Cleanse and sanctify us as a holy people that we may draw near to receive the mercy and love of our holy God. "Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her, in order to make her holy by cleansing her with the washing of water by the Word, so as to present the church to Himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or anything of the kind---yes, so that she may be holy and without blemish" -- from Ephesians 5.25-27. Wash over us, Lord, that we may be the holy and glorious people You've called us to be by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of God. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we'd appreciate your prayers for our travel today as we leave the mountains for the plains of Texas, before returning home to Kentucky this week. We pray the Lord's blessings for you wherever you are and wherever He leads you. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!