Friday, January 21, 2005

Wisdom from Above 1-21-05

Friday, January 21, 2005 -- Morning by Morning Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes to the hills, to the mountain of the Lord. You are my help and my strength. I seek Your face and listen for Your voice. I am refreshed and renewed in Your presence. ... Some say we should not be so heavenly minded that we are no earthly good. It sounds practical and wise, but it is the wisdom of this world. Your Word calls us to a different perspective: "So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on the earth, for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ Who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory" -- Colossians 3.1-4. "Yes, My son. Look to Me. I have not called you to be blinded to this world, for I have placed you in this world. Yet the priority of your perspective makes all the difference. Look first to Me, then to the world. Then you will see more clearly with my eyes and my perspective. Those who do not look to Me do not have My perspective. It is their own, influenced by the world they see. Though they think they are wise, they are wise in the ways of the world -- these are not My ways." Yes, Lord. Forgive us when we are so earthly minded that we are no heavenly good. As we take time to wait in Your presence and watch for Your leading, You are shaping our thoughts and focusing our vision on things above rather than things below. You are making us wise in Your ways, with a wisdom that is different from the world's. "But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without a trace of partiality or hypocrisy. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace for those who make peace" -- James 3.17-18. May we turn our eyes toward You and gain Your perspective each day before we turn our eyes toward the world for the day. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!