Tuesday, April 19, 2005

You are Wisdom 4-19-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Transform me by the renewing of my mind. Shape my thoughts and guide my heart as I seek You and Your wisdom. ... You are Wisdom. As we seek You and behold You, we become wise in Your ways. The struggles and barriers of our lives begin to make more sense. With understanding comes peace. In the beginning, Your ways are not our ways and Your thoughts are not our thoughts, but You want us to grow in the wisdom of Your ways and You want to mature us in our thoughts. When we were children, we thought as children; but now we are to continually grow in maturity of our thinking so we can grow in maturity in our living. Free us from the deception and the excuse of saying we will never understand so will never try. You have given us Your Word so that we can understand Your ways. You have given us Your Spirit so that we can live in Your ways. This is wisdom -- to seek to understand Your Word and to seek to live in Your ways. "Take my instruction instead of silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold; for wisdom is better than jewels, and all that you desire cannot compare to her. I, wisdom, live with prudence, and I attain knowledge and discretion. The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate. I have good advice and sound wisdom; I have insight, I have strength. By me kings reign and rulers declare what is just; by me rulers rule, and nobles, all who govern rightly. I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me" (Proverbs 8.10-17). Yes, Lord. We seek You with diligence, not waiting passively to receive understanding, but actively pursuing You and Your ways. Then the pieces of our lives will fit together and then the struggles of our lives will begin to make sense, as You teach us Your ways and conform us to Your image. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502.