Sunday, May 29, 2005

Let the River Flow 5-29-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let me listen, let me hear -- as I watch and wait for You. ... The Cumberland River winds through the valleys of these mountains. The river flows to the low places. So the River of Life flows to the low places -- to hearts that are humbled before You. You resist the proud, but give grace to the humble (James 4.6). Humility of heart draws Your presence like valleys draw the river and dry ground soaks in the rain. "For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He adorns the humble with victory" (Psalm 149.4). Teach us how to set aside our pride and humble our hearts in trusting surrender to You. Pride is the selfishness and self-focus that says, "I will do what I think I need to do in the power of my own strength, led by my own wisdom." Humility says, "Help me, Lord. Give my Your wisdom and Your strength. Apart from You, I can do nothing; but I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me." Pride says, "I'll call You when I need You." Humility says, "I need You every hour; I need You to be the very air I breathe." Lord, slay our pride and humble our hearts. Let the River flow. There will be life wherever this River flows (Ezekiel 47.9; Revelation 22.1-3). As the River flows to the low places, our humbled hearts will draw Your River and let it flow through us to others. "Out of the believer's heart shall flow rivers of living water" (John 7.38). Flow through us each day, as we humble our hearts before You. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!