Monday, May 30, 2005

Manna in the Morning 5-30-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come into my heart; come into my home. Let me start this day with You here alone. ... Holy Spirit, You are writing the words of a new song in my spirit as You lift my eyes to Jesus in prayer: Come into my heart; come into my home. Let me start this day, with You here alone. Before other thoughts may come; before other plans may form. Hold my hand in Yours, in the peace before the storm. Though the world has not changed; though wars will still be waged, Though problems have not ceased; though the enemy's enraged. I will not be moved; for I am here with You. And when I rise to go; You'll go there with me too. Thank You, Lord. As we turn our eyes to You, Your strength and peace fill our souls. You prepare our minds to face the struggles of our day as we prepare our hearts to seek Your face in prayer. Let us take time for You and let us thank You for taking time for us. These first few moments of the day with You are the most important moments we will spend each day. Like the manna from heaven sent to sustain Your people in each day's journey through the wilderness, let us eat of Your words and drink in Your presence. "Morning by morning they gathered it, as much as each needed" (Exodus 16.21). You know as much as we need, for You are the One we need. Thank You for giving Yourself to us each day. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!