Saturday, May 14, 2005

"To the Whole World!" 5-14-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open the eyes of my heart to seek You and behold You in deeper levels of intimacy with You every day. ... Today is Elijah's birthday. He's my fourth child and youngest son, turning three today. When he was a baby in our arms, someone said to us in prayer ministry that he would be prophesy by the time he turned three. And so he has. As I was preparing to lead the group from our church in prayer for the National Day of Prayer last week, Elijah said, "I will preach, then I will pray." I asked him what he would preach about and he said, "for the Lord ... to the whole world." He kept smiling and declaring over and over "to the whole world!" as he lifted his little hand straight up in the air with great authority. When it came time to pray, there he was at my knee, saying, "I'm ready to pray, Daddy." His little voice rang out in prayer over the microphone. I'm sure the angels of heaven who do the bidding of the Lord were dispatched to carry out the words released through a son of the King. So "the little prophet" -- as one of my pastors calls him -- got to preach and pray on the National Day of Prayer by the time he turned three. I have no doubt he won't stop until he shares his heart to the whole world! "... and a little child shall lead them" (Isaiah 11.6). Lord, restore us to the place of simple trust and childlike faith. Awaken our hearts to preach Your love and pray Your power to the whole world, one soul at a time. As we grow in wisdom and stature with each passing year, let us never lose the blessing of a simple faith and a pure heart that insists on sharing Your love with everyone around. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please join with those praying around the world for the Global Day of Prayer on Pentecost Sunday, May 15th. In Lexington, Kentucky we will gather in Heritage Hall next to Rupp Arena from 3 to 5 pm in Ballrooms 1-3 on the Vine Street level. Please come join us and pray with us if you can't. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!