Wednesday, May 11, 2005

You Restore My Soul 5-11-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I entrust this day to You. ... "And after He had dismissed the crowds, He went up the mountain by Himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone..." (Matthew 14.23). Lord, You have created us for relationship with You and with one another, to minister to You and to minister to one another. There is great joy in finding and fulfilling our calling in Your kingdom. But sometimes we need to pull away from the crowds and go to the mountain of Your presence alone in prayer. Sometimes we need to rest and just relax. It's not being lazy or callous to the needs of others. Sometimes You make us to lie down in green pastures and lead us beside the still waters for awhile, as You restore our soul (Psalm 23.1-3). Whether we're on retreat in the mountains or in our prayer chair in the corner of the room, we can hear Your call to come away with You for awhile. Here we are refreshed and renewed in Your presence. In this place of rest in You, "surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever" (Psalm 23.6). In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'd appreciate your prayers for rest in my soul for these few days away in the mountains of North Carolina for retreat and relationship with our Fellowship of Ministries. And I pray for seasons of refreshing and rest for each of you. To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!