Saturday, July 30, 2005

"In Christ" 7-30-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I commit this day into Your hands. Be my wisdom and my leading, my power and strength, my light and my path. Let me follow in Your steps. ... "But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing things that are, so that no one might boast in the presence of God. He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, in order that, as it is written, 'Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord' " (1 Corinthians 1.27-31). We would be foolish to try to live a day under the burdens of this world without Your wisdom. We would be crushed under the weight of the worries of this world if we tried to stand in our own strength. And so many are -- those who do not yet know Christ, and those who should know better. You are our wisdom and our strength when we look to You and welcome You to be our source of life. Each day of life is a series of choices, which really comes down to making one choice, over and over -- "Do I choose to live this moment in Christ or not?" To live the moment in Christ is to have the perspective of the mind and the attitude of the heart that I am listening for You to be my wisdom and looking to You to be my strength. Then I will be committing my life into Your hands by committing each moment of the day to Your wisdom and Your strength. This is more than claiming I am a Christian or believing in the teachings of Christ, this is living my life in Christ and allowing Christ to live His life in me. Come live in me, Lord Jesus Christ. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe contact me at Messiah Ministries -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Join us at The Fountain on the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7pm. Our address for ministry and contributions: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!