Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Light of the World 7-27-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your Holy Spirit is singing the song of worship in my heart to You: "Light of the world, You stepped down into darkness. Open my eyes; let me see. ... Here I am to worship; here I am to bow down; here I am to say that You're my God...." You are my God, in every dimension of Your being -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You are the Light of my world. You push back the darkness of doubt and confusion, and enlighten my mind and my heart with the glory of Your presence. ... Holy Spirit, You are writing a new poem of praise to God in my spirit: I worship and adore You In humility before You Open my eyes to seek Your face. I long to be near You To love and to fear You Open my heart to receive Your grace. The Light of Your glory Pushes back all worry All darkness flees without a trace. No more doubt or confusion I'm in perfect communion As the glory of Your presence fills this place. "And Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life" (John 8.12). You are the Light of the world; You are the Light of life. "By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace" (Luke 1.78-79). Lord, let Your light break upon us. Lift us from the darkness of doubt and confusion; set our feet upon the path of peace as we choose to rise and follow You. We have a choice each day -- to welcome Your light into our lives or to sit in the darkness. You said, "I have come as light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me should not remain in darkness" (John 12.46). In the power of Your grace, we choose the Light. In the power of Your name, we renounce the darkness and rise to follow You this day. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe contact me at Messiah Ministries -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Join us at The Fountain on the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7pm. Our address for ministry and contributions: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!