Sunday, July 10, 2005

One Thing 7-10-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Narrow the focus of my thoughts to one thing in this moment. Narrow my thoughts to seek You alone. ... "One thing I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple" (Psalm 27.4). I seek You and behold You, to live in You as You live in me. Let my heart be Your temple, that I may live in the house of the Lord forever. As I behold You, You are changing me. As I am emptied of myself, I am filled up with You. I can't make it happen, but I can ask You to make it happen. And that is the desire that You have placed on my heart, in line with Your will, for this is Your will for all Your children. Like the man who sold everything he had to buy the treasure of his heart's desire, there was one thing he valued above all else (Matthew 13.44). I want You to become the One Thing I value above all else. That is my desire because You have made it my desire. Increase this desire until it becomes the reality of my heart, without compromise and without apology. By Your grace, I dedicate and consecrate all that I am and all that I have to You. You are the One Thing that I seek in these first moments of the morning. Become the One Thing that I seek throughout every moment of every day. You are my Treasure, and where my Treasure is, there my heart will be also (Matthew 6.21). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Our mailing address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!