Monday, August 01, 2005

"He Must Increase" 8-1-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. By Your grace, You are calling me to come spend these moments of the morning with You. By our grace, I come. ... "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3.30). Yes, Lord Jesus, increase. Increase as the focus of my life. Increase as the source of security and strength, of wisdom and provision, of calling and destiny, in every area of my life. As You increase, help me to decrease. To decrease from dependence upon my own strength and wisdom and direction apart from You. In thankfulness, I know You have brought me a long way down the path of surrender and trust; and in humility, I know I have so much further to go. Lead me further each day down this path to the place of complete surrender and complete trust -- the place where You increase and I decrease. I hear You calling, and I choose to come. ... In Jesus' name, I pray. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe contact me at Messiah Ministries -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com Join us at The Fountain on the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7pm. Our address for ministry and contributions: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502. God bless you!