Thursday, September 29, 2005

Happy Day 9-29-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. When the earth and all that can be shaken is being shaken, You are the Rock on which I stand. My hope is not in my government, my possessions, my power, or my wisdom; my hope is in You. In the words of the old hymn, "On Christ the solid Rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand. All other ground is sinking sand." ... "I waited patiently for the Lord; He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a Rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Happy are those who make the Lord their trust...." (Psalm 40:1-4). My youngest son, Elijah (youngest so far -- our fifth child in our blended family is now on the way!), has been starting his mornings with a little phrase that no one could have taught him but You, Lord. He will poke his head in the door and declare with his little three-year old voice, "It sure is a happy day!" If I'm not careful, sometimes the thoughts will come to mind, "Son, haven't you been watching the news? Don't you know about all the earthquakes and hurricanes and famines and terrorism and wars?" Then I realized the other day, he does sit down with us and watch the news. He does hear us, and everyone around us, talking about the upheaval of all creation in these days. But his little eyes are not on all of that. His eyes on are You. In the midst of it all, there's Your Holy Spirit rising up in his little human spirit to declare to the world, "It sure is a happy day!" He's not deceived; he's just full of the Holy Spirit. He's not confused, he's just confident that the little prayers he prays before he goes to bed at night are that same prayers that You've answered when he gets up in the morning. Lord, lift us up out of the miry bog of worry and fear, out of the desolate pit of our "pit-i-ful" attitudes of pessimism and doubt. Keep us compassionate for the hurting and honest with our own pain, but keep our eyes fixed on You. Keep our feet steady in the faith on the solid Rock of Your love. Happy are those who trust in the Lord. No matter what the day holds, every day that begins and end with You by our side sure is a happy day. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com