Sunday, October 09, 2005

Frequency and Intensity of Birth Pangs 10-9-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My rock and my refuge, my strong tower and strength. I rest in You and trust in You -- secure in the power of Your presence. ... "For God alone my soul waits in silence; for my hope is from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us" (Psalm 62:5-8). What a picture of this age we have seen this weekend: Earthquakes in India and California, mudslides in Mexico, devastation from hurricanes in the Gulf Coast, famine in Sudan, war in Iraq, terror in Israel, and the global threat of a world-wide plague of avian flu. All the earth is groaning in the pangs of birth for the revealing of the glory of God (Romans 8:18-25). All that can be shaken is being shaken, so that only what cannot be shaken remains (Hebrews 12:25-29). Your presence is Your glory. Faith in You is our hope. While all that can be shaken is shaken, You are teaching us to stand firm in the power of Your strength, upon the Rock of our refuge in You. As each day passes and as the earthquakes and famines and wars and plagues increase in the frequency and intensity of the pangs of birth, the eyes of the world and the eyes of our hearts are being opened to the truth of our only Hope. Our hope is in You, and in You alone. Everything else will tremble and crumble and fall -- everything else but the mighty Rock and Refuge of our God. We pour out our hearts before You and find our refuge in the peace and the power of Your presence in our hearts through it all. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com