Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Gift of Mothers 10-13-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let Your Living Waters flow through my soul. ... " 'Honor your father and mother' -- this is the first commandment with a promise: 'so that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth' " (Ephesians 6:2-3). Since I was a little boy, my mother's favorite gift from me was for me to write a few words in a poem from my heart. I see now that You were teaching me then to listen for the leading of Your voice and write the words You would give me to touch the heart of another. Thank You for teaching us and equipping us in the journeys of our lives to find our place in the body of Christ and to share the gifts You've given us with one another. Let these words You have given me touch the hearts of our mothers today: You conceived me and carried me Before I breathed my first breath of life. You held me and nurtured me Before I could crawl. You sang to me and played with me Before I could speak a word. You laughed with me and cried with me Before I could understand what it meant. You corrected me and disciplined me Before I could choose for myself. You encouraged me and taught me Before I could think for myself. You blessed me and released me Before I could bless the children of my own. You lived your life in as an example of love before me Before I could honor you by trying to live out my life in the example of your love. Thank You for the gift of mothers. Thank You for the gift of my mother. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com