Tuesday, October 11, 2005

"Yielded and Still" 10-11-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I choose to please you and not people, to submit to Your will and not mine. Form Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. I entrust my life to You intentionally, deliberately because You are worthy of my obedience and my trust. ... "Yet, O Lord, You are our Father. We are the clay, and You are our potter; we are all the work of Your hand" (Isaiah 64:8). When the clay is centered on the potter's wheel, there is no wobbling or bending. The clay is yielded and still. All resistance is smoothed away, as the shape of the vessel and the will of the potter become one. Water us with Your Word, Lord. Center us in Your Spirit. Shape us into the vessels of Your choosing for the purposes of Your will. Turn us through the challenges and struggles of this broken, fallen world as You smooth away our resistance and mold us into the work of Your hand. Give us courage to embrace Your hands without resistance, sensing the gentle pressure of Your Word and Your ways. Let the old hymn be our prayer: "Have Thine own way, Lord. Have Thine own way. Thou art the Potter; I am the clay. Mold me and make me, after Thy will, while I am waiting, yielded and still." In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Saturday night for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Paul Cooper from Liberty Worship Center will lead in worship and Doris McCray will lead in prayer. Our prayer ministry team will be availble throughtout the evening. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com