Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Faithful God, Steadfast Friend 11-15-05

Morning by Morning, Tuesday 11-15-05 -- Faithful God, Steadfast Friend Good morning, Lord Jesus. In dark days, You are my Light. In seas of confusion, You are my steadfast Rock. Though the darkness increases across the face of the earth, Your light shines brighter still. Though the mountains tremble and the seas roar, the stronghold of Your security stands out like a rugged cliff at the edge of the waves. You are my Light and my Strength. ... "The salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their refuge in the time of trouble. The Lord helps them and rescues them; He rescues them from the wicked, and saves them, because they take refuge in Him" (Psalm 37:39-40). We have no righteousness on our own or apart from You. But the righteous are those who trust in You by faith. "Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,' and he was called the friend of God" (James 2:23). As we trust in You, we abide in You and You abide in us (John 15:4). This is our security and safety; this is our guiding light in the midst of the darkness. Give me wisdom to continually find my refuge in You. Then, by Your grace, I will not fear the times of darkness or the times trouble. They will only draw me closer to You -- my faithful God and my steadfast Friend (John 15:14). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Saturday night for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. My Friend Ghuna Kumar, who oversees many churches and ministries throughout southern India will here to preach and pray with us! People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Paul Cooper from Liberty Worship Center will lead in worship. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com