Monday, November 21, 2005

"Follow Me" 11-21-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I give You the offering of these first moments of the morning. As I begin, may I continue throughout the day -- looking to You and following Your lead. ... Praying with a friend the other night, he prayed these words that have remained in my spirit -- "It's really pretty simple, Lord. You said, 'Follow Me.' " That really does sum up Your call and our responsibility as Christians -- followers and disciples of Christ. You said, "My sheep hear My voice. I know them and they follow Me" (John 10:27). Of course, we cannot follow unless we are looking to You to see where You are going. We cannot obey You unless we are spending time in the silence of surrender to know the leading of Your voice. So the key to following is waiting -- waiting and watching for Your leading. If we are Your sheep, You will know us and we will know You because we spend time with You. If we are Your sheep, we will hear Your voice because we spend time listening for Your voice. Lord Jesus, open my eyes to see You as the first sight of the morning, so I can watch You lead throughout the day. Open my ears to hear You as the first sound of the morning, so I can listen for Your leading throughout the day. The more I choose to spend my time waiting and watching, then following as You're leading, the more this will become the walk and way of my life. Your ways will become my ways, and You walk will become my walk. Then where You are leading, I will be following. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please cover Brother Ghuna Kumar of Gospel Friends in your prayers as he begins his travel back home to Tamil Nadu, India this morning. The Lord has touched many lives through him in our country and now He will continue touching many lives through him in his own. Gerry Calvert and I were deeply moved by the people who came to the Lord in a little village when we were there in September. We committed to establish a church there and will be sending Brother Ghuna home with the funds this morning. If you would like to join with us in the joy of this blessing, please send any contribution to "Messiah Ministries" marked "Gospel Friends, India" to us at 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502, and every dollar will go to them. To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com