Saturday, November 12, 2005

My Map and Compass 11-12-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me focus my thoughts on You. ... "The disciples went and did as Jesus had directed them" (Matthew 21:6). Yes, Lord. That's what Your disciples do -- they go and do as You direct. I need Your direction, Lord. Focus my thoughts and direct my paths. Open my eyes to see where You are going. Open my spirit to sense Your leading. Give me a more specific sense of Your direction in this season of my life. Help me focus my thoughts in the direction of the path of Your plans for me. Free me from distractions and detours. Deliver me from the tyranny of good plans, that I may pursue only Your best plan. "The human mind plans the way, but the Lord directs the steps" (Proverbs 16:9). If I were to direct my own steps, then I would be my own lord. I renounce my lordship and submit to Your Lordship. I renounce my own plans apart from Your leading and submit to Your plan and Your leading. Let Your Word be my map and Your Spirit be my compass. Lead on O King Eternal in the journey of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Important Note: Dear Praying Friends, from time to time some have suggested that I personalize these prayers with "I" instead of "we," in the style I prayed today. In the past, I've always started off with my personal prayer to get centered on Jesus, then waited on the Lord for His leading (the "..."), then prayed a prayer as if all of us were praying it together. To me, this was less presumptuous but some feel it is less personal. I've been told many change the "we's" to "I's" as they pray this devotional. As I try out this other style for awhile, I would appreciate your feedback on whether this style is more or less helpful as a devotional prayer. By the way, as I click "send" every morning, it is my joy to pray for each one of you! God bless you and thank you for joining me in the journey! Your friend and prayer partner, Tommy. To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on biblical principles of inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries-- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. My friend Ghuna Kumar from India will lead this Saturday night! Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com