Friday, November 18, 2005

Your Wisdom and Ways 11-18-05

Morning by Morning, Friday Good morning, Lord Jesus. Before I speak, I will listen. Help me settle in to the silence of surrender as I watch and wait for You. ... "Wisdom is better than weapons of war" (Ecclesiastes 9:18). By the tainting of original sin passed down through the generations and by the confusion and deception of a world trying to exist independently from You, our minds are carnal and our thoughts are impure. There is a wisdom of the world that determines the ways of the world -- ways that ultimately lead to destruction and chaos apart from Your truth. But there is hope. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is the beginning of insight" (Proverbs 9:10). To fear You is to submit to You and the wisdom of Your ways, trusting in You rather than in ourselves apart from You. As we open our minds to You and Your Word, You are changing the way we think, which changes the way we live. Since You created the world and every spiritual principle that determines the quality of our lives as we choose to obey Your principles or not, what could be more wise than to fear You in the submission of trusting faith? There is great power is that kind of wisdom. Lord, I entrust my mind to You. Cause Your thoughts to be my thoughts, Your will to be my will, and Your ways to be my ways. Teach me Your spiritual principles revealed in Your Word and demonstrated in Your ways. Like Solomon, I ask for Your wisdom to live in Your ways (2 Chronicles 1:10). But unlike Solomon, draw me to You every day to continually entrust my mind to You so that my ways demonstrate Your wisdom. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Saturday night for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. My friend Ghuna Kumar from India, who oversees many churches and ministries will be preaching and ministering. Paul Cooper from Liberty Worship Center will lead in worship and I will lead in prayer. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com