Friday, December 30, 2005

"Be Thou My Vision" 12-30-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I hear the words of an old hymn as I wait in the silence of surrender before You -- "Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart."... It seems I hear You saying, "As you see Me, you begin to see as I see. I desire to impart My vision to My people. There are two dimensions to My vision -- first, to see all things clearly as they are and second, to see all things as they should be. Ask for My vision and I will give you eyes to see as I see." Yes, Lord. As I behold You, You change me to become more like You -- to have Your heart and Your vision (2 Corinthians 3:18). I ask for Your heart and Your vision. Let Your vision become my vision, let me see as You see. Teach me how to see the true reality of the current circumstances, and also how to look more deeply to see these circumstances as You intended and as You intend. You are the "God who gives life to the dead and calls things which do not exist as though they did" (Romans 4:17, NKJV). You are the God who gave Ezekiel eyes to see the valley of dry bones as they were -- dead bodies, and also gave him eyes to see them as they were intended to be -- a living army filled with the breath of God (Ezekiel 37:1-14). Lord, fill my spirit with Your Spirit. Show me the dead places in my soul and my church and my community where You want me to see with Your vision and call things that are not as though they were in the power of Your name. Teach me how to "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them: O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. Thus says the Lord God to these bones: I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live" (Ezekiel 37:4-5). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com