Monday, December 12, 2005

Humility and Intimacy 12-12-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I draw near to You, You draw near to me. ... You call us to "approach the throne of grace with boldness" (Hebrews 4:16). Yet at the same time, we are not to come before You in arrogance or pride. Humility must precede intimacy. Obedience must overcome independence. Knowing the fear of God is as important as knowing the love of God. "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded" (James 4:8). As You prepared Your people to enter into the land of Your promises, You reminded them that worship is about You and not about us. "Take care that you do not offer your burnt offerings at any place that you happen to see. But only at the place the Lord will choose in one of your tribes -- there you shall offer your burnt offerings and there you shall do everything I command you" (Deuteronomy 12:13-14). Forgive me when I take Your grace for granted and fail to honor You in the reverence and worship You are worthy to receive. Forgive me when I let my own priorities prevail over obedience to Your will in responding to Your call to worship and prayer -- when and where and how You desire it. Yes, worship is a matter of the heart -- a heart that is yielded to You in both humility and intimacy, in the fear of God and in the love of God. You lift me up high into the intimacy of Your presence as I first humble myself low in the humility of obedience (James 4:10). Draw near to me as I draw near to You -- in Your timing and in Your way. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Saturday night for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening for prayer ministry. Come and bring a friend. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com