Thursday, December 08, 2005

Merry Christmas, Lord 12-8-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I choose to begin this day with You. As best as I can, I focus my thoughts on You alone in these first moments of the morning. ... This year there is so much discussion about whether this is the "Christmas season" or the "holiday season." We debate whether it is appropriate to say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy holidays." Editorials and radio commentators argue about whether the decorated trees we display are "Christmas trees" or "holiday trees." Of course, the truth is You are the reason for the season -- if it were not for Christ, there would be no Christmas. Even the word "holidays" comes from "holy days". The days are holy because Your Holy Spirit is drawing our attention and our hearts to the Holy One. For me, the tree speaks of the One who came as a Child born in a manger to bring hope to all who would hear, but died as a Man hung upon a tree to bring life to all who would receive. "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us -- for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who hangs upon a tree' -- in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith" (Galatians 3:13-14). We all have the freedom to celebrate whoever and whatever we want in our hearts -- if not on the lawns of our courthouses -- no matter what nation we live in. I choose to celebrate You in my heart. And every day I celebrate the gift of life and the blessings of God available to me through the sacrifice of Your love on the cross and Your resurrection in glory is a holy day. I choose to keep Christ in my Christmas. I choose for this day to be a holy day in my heart. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Lord Jesus. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com