Friday, December 02, 2005

"Only One Thing" 12-2-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In these first moments of the morning, focus my thoughts on You. There will be time to plan out my day, to intercede for others, and all the other things that will influence my thoughts and choices today. But right now, I choose to give my complete devotion and attention to one thing alone, to You alone. ... As You said to one You loved long ago, "Martha, Martha, you are distracted and worried by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her" (Luke 10:41-42). Lord Jesus, You are the better part. You are the one thing I have need of. As Your Holy Spirit draws my focus to Your face and opens my heart to Your voice now in the foundation of my day, I will not lose the sense of Your presence in my soul and at my side -- no matter what distractions and worries I encounter along the way. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com