Sunday, December 18, 2005

Silent Night, Holy Night 12-18-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I praise Your name and I seek Your face. ... Things don't always go as we plan, but You have a way of working out all things to fit together into Your plan. Our regular worship leader couldn't come to The Fountain last night. Then the others who were going to lead couldn't come either. So we sang the simple songs of Your birth from our hearts -- no piano or keyboard, no guitar or drums -- just our voices, imperfect but pure, in our love for You. And there You were, as we welcomed You into the manger of our hearts. Though the music and the instruments were silent, it was a holy night. "Silent night, holy night Son of God, love's pure light Radiant beams from Thy holy face, With the dawn of redeeming grace, Jesus, Lord at Thy birth, Jesus, Lord at Thy birth." Like Mary, I want to treasure these moments of Your presence and ponder them in my heart (Luke 2:19). Like the shepherds, I want to carry this treasure in my heart to go and share it with others, "glorifying and praising God" (Luke 2:20). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com