Saturday, December 10, 2005

Willing Worship 12-10-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. "O, Come let us adore Him -- Christ, the Lord." ... Moved by Your Spirit, David called out to the people of Israel to give freely of themselves and of all they had to You for the building of the temple in Jerusalem, saying, "Who then will offer willingly, consecrating themselves today to the Lord?" (1 Chronicles 29:5). The false gods demand worship and sacrifice through the manipulation of fear and deception, so that their threatened wrath is appeased. But You stand in marked contrast. You desire worship from the heart and the sacrifice of praise offered willingly in sincere adoration and devotion. We find true joy in true worship -- willingly offered and joyfully received. "Then the people rejoiced because had been given willingly, for with single mind they offered freely to the Lord; King David also rejoiced greatly!" (v. 29:9) Even the gift of our love we give to You, we can only give because You first loved us. As David recognized, "For all things come from You, and of Your own we have given You" (v. 29:14). I offer the gift of my adoration and worship to You this day, my Lord. I love You, Lord and I thank You for first loving me. All that I am and all that I have belongs to You and I willingly and joyfully consecrate myself to You again today. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com