Friday, January 20, 2006

War in the Spirit 1-20-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I bow low, that You may lift me high. I choose to follow, that You may lead. I draw near, that You may draw me nearer. ... "For You deliver a humble people, but he haughty eyes You bring down. It is You who light my lamp; the Lord my God lights up my darkness. By You I can crush a troop, and by My God I can leap over a wall. This God -- His way is perfect; the promise of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him" (Psalm 18:27-30). As we humble ourselves before You, You cleanse us and forgive us, You strengthen us and encourage us, You fill us and empower us. Then You send us forth into battle to war in the spirit in Your power. Our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the spiritual forces of wickedness of this present darkness, who come to steal and kill and destroy in our lives, our families, our communities, and our nations (Ephesians 6:12). But through our repentance and Your forgiveness, our enemies' power is weakened and his plans are exposed. His defenses are breached and his strongholds crumble. And You send us in like a flood to fight for the freedom of Your people. Forgiven and free, I choose to take up the sword of Your Spirit, the very Word of God. At Your command I will advance, taking my position to stand firm and to fight in the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:13). You have "trained my hands for war" -- this war in the spirit for the souls of those I love and for the people You've called me to defend (Psalm 18:34). Though the enemy may come in like a flood, You raise the banner of the cross to turn back the tide and enforce Your victory in the power of Your blood. There may be casualties and the grief of loss because the battles are real and the stakes are high, but the ultimate victory is secure. For the battle belongs to the Lord. I choose to fight in the battles where You lead, with the courage You have placed in my heart and the weapons You have placed in my hands. In Jesus name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays If you are in the Kentucky area, please come join us at the Governor's Prayer Breakfast next Tuesday morning 1/24 at 8:15 with Pat Day speaking. All are welcome. Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Saturday night for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening for prayer ministry. Come and bring a friend. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." www.messiah-ministries.org Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com