Friday, February 10, 2006

Awakened to Worship 2-10-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I worship You, Lord, in spirit and truth. You are the Spirit of Truth and I welcome You here in my heart afresh today. ... There is an awakening of worship in the land. And what is worship but the willing surrender of our lives into Your hands. It's not only singing songs or praying prayers -- no matter how personally or intimately or prophetically -- it is entrusting and abandoning ourselves to You, without hesitation and without limitation. It is a death to self and self-consciousness and life to You and God consciousness. As the worship song says, it is the place where "the things of earth grow strangely dim in the light of Your glory and grace." The move of Your Spirit in the revival of hearts at Asbury College is an awakening of worship. There are no famous speakers, no famous worship leaders, no famous prophets or evangelists or pastors or teachers or apostles. There are just the "blessed" ones -- those who are "poor in spirit," who "mourn," who "hunger and thirst for righteousness." They are being "filled" with the fullness of "the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:3-11). Yesterday morning I joined with the students and those from the community who came to watch and wait in the stillness of Your presence and in the trusting surrender of intimate worship. I spoke with a friend from one of our citywide prayer groups who is a seminary student who came to the revival the night before with an eye infection. A twelve year-old boy who had just been baptized with Your Holy Spirit a couple of nights before prayed for his healing. When he woke up yesterday morning, his eyes were healed! He said You were teaching him there can be a sickness of our souls manifested in our bodies when we spend too much time looking to ourselves. But healing comes as we turn our eyes toward You. Lord, I choose to take my eyes off of myself and turn my eyes toward You -- as best as I can and all by Your grace. I worship You in spirit and truth. As the song says, I turn my eyes upon You and look full in Your wonderful face; and the things of earth grow strangely dim, in the light of Your glory and grace. You have awakened me to worship. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Here's a link to Breaking News at Asbury College Web Site: http://www.asbury.edu/press/chapeldaytwo06 To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's on personal transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month (the 3rd Friday starting in March) at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com