Friday, February 03, 2006

Costly Grace 2-3-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I wait for Your leading and watch for Your appearing. One day, You will appear in Your glory across the skies. Today, I ask You to appear in Your glory in my heart. ... "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments" (John 14:15). "They who have My commandments and keep them are those who love Me; and those who love Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love them and reveal Myself to them" (John 14:21). "Those who love Me will keep My word, and My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them" (John 14:23). There is a connection between loving You and obeying You. At times we are tempted to give in to the idea of cheap grace -- that somehow we can come into relationship with You and then live our lives for ourselves alone, however we desire, as if we had never surrendered our lives to You. But this love You call us to is a love of You and Your ways. To love You is to obey You. This kind of love and this depth of love is impossible apart from Your grace, but Your grace is available to all who will ask and receive. Someone has said, "Grace is free, but it's not cheap. It will cost you everything You have." Yes, Lord. This is the grace I ask for. This is the grace I receive. The grace of Your power to love You and to obey You, to live my life for You and not for myself. As I lose my life, then I will truly find it. As I die daily to my self apart from relationship with You and obedience to You, to that degree I will truly live the life You have created me to live. To that degree, You and the Father by Your Holy Spirit, will come to me and make Your home in me, according to Your Word (John 14:3). As You said to Your first disciples, so You say to me and all Your disciples today, "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love" (John 15:10). Any understanding of grace that does not understand this call to obedience is merely a vain philosophy of the traditions of men. I ask for Your forgiveness for my disobedience and I ask for Your grace to obey You more completely and to love You more deeply -- more today than yesterday, more tomorrow than today. I welcome You Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to come make Your home in my heart, abiding in me continually and abounding in me thoroughly -- more and more each day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com