Thursday, February 23, 2006

Every Moment Counts 2-23-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best I can and all by Your grace, I entrust my life and this day to You. May I live for You as You live through me today. ... "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a town and spend a year there, doing business and making money.' Yet you do not even know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wishes, we will live and do this or that' " (James 4:13-15). Like a dusting of snow that melts by mid-afternoon or the morning mist that evaporates with the rising sun, my earthly life is but a moment in the perspective of heaven's eternity. Yet every day matters and every moment counts. Like precious jewels, they are more valuable because of they are few in number. One day I will give an account for how I spent my time in the moments and opportunities of my days (Matthew 12:36; Revelation 20:11-15). You are "the One who judges all people impartially according to their deeds" (1 Peter 1:17 and 4:5). The standard will not be about numbers or wealth. It will be about my obedience to Your will and Your way in my walk with You through the journey of the moments of my life. I want You to do all You have intended in me and through me in these few, precious moments I have. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com