Friday, February 24, 2006

Kingdom Come 2-24-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call upon Your name and draw upon Your nature, as I behold You and give myself to You. ... "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done...." (Luke 11:2, KJV) I've heard the phrase "from here to Kingdom Come" all my life, growing up in west Texas and eastern New Mexico. I didn't know it really refers to a little community tucked far away back in the Appalachian Mountains of eastern Kentucky. As they say, "it may not be the end of the earth, but you can see it from here." Yesterday I traveled with a small group of pastors, intercessors, and a missions leader down the "Kingdom Come Parkway" on behalf of the Kentucky Christian Foundation to see what all the fuss was about. Revival flames have been breaking out in pockets of fire across Kentucky. But rather than brush fires, there seems to be a slow burn building as the fires are fanned into flame through prayer. We've been hearing about a regional transformation of new hope and abundant life rising up out of the poverty and depression that has dominated the Appalachian region. But You have been preparing the way for this move of Your power in prayers of desperation and faith for generations, that You display Your glory in the fullness of time. The time has come for Kingdom Come and every little community scattered throughout the hills and hollers of this region. The transformation has begun. Lord, let me be a part of what You are doing in this land. Fresh faith mingled with desperate prayers and new hope prepares the way for transformation by Your power. Give me a burden in my soul to see this region made whole. Remind me of the pain of poverty here in our own backyard of our prosperous nation. And remind me of the joy and life I see rising in the hearts of those You are setting free from the bondage of the past to embrace the destiny of their future. Move my heart in prayer for the fulfillment of the awakening of life You have promised in response to the faithful prayers of desperate generations. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we are forming an area of interest fund for the spiritual transformation of eastern Kentucky through the Kentucky Christian Foundation: www.kentuckychristianfoundation.org I serve on their board and help facilitate prayer and giving into ministries of God's Kingdom as an extension of the regional ministry of Messiah Ministries. Please cover us in your prayers and share this with anyone you think might be interested in what the Lord is doing in this region. To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com