Monday, February 06, 2006

"More and More" 2-6-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. More of You and less of me. More of Your Spirit and less of my flesh; more of Your will and less of mine. ... "And this is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you determine what is best, so that in the day of Christ you may be pure and blameless, having produced the harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:9). There is always more. As the worship song says, "More love; more power; more of You in my life." Let me never be satisfied with how much I have grown in spiritual maturity or how far I have come in the journey of faith -- there's always more and it's always by Your grace. To be made "pure and blameless" is not a day to mark on the calendar or even a destination along the journey, but a choice of complete surrender and submission -- a choice You continually set before me every moment of every day. This is the life through Christ that produces a "harvest of righteousness" and glorifies God. By Your grace, I choose to continually give as much of me as I can and to continually receive as much of You as I can. As I do, Your love and Your power will overflow in me and through me "more and more." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com