Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Good News! 4-16-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I greet You this Easter morning with the ancient greeting of Christians throughout the generations since that first Resurrection Sunday: "He is risen! He is risen indeed!" Arise in my heart and in my church and in my community and in my land and in my generation in Your resurrection power this day! ... "But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb, taking the spices that they had prepared. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they went in, they did not find the body. While they were perplexed about this, suddenly two men in dazzling clothes stood beside them. The women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, 'Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen! Remember how He told you while He was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be handed over to sinners, and be crucified, and on the third day rise again.' Then they remembered His words, and returning from the tomb, they told all of this to the eleven and to all the rest" (Luke 24:1-9). The stone of death is rolled away! The seal of death is broken by the power of life! You are Life -- "the Way, the Truth, and the Life" (John 14:6). You are "the Resurrection and the Life;" and in You, I am alive and I "will never die" (John 11:25-26). "If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through His Spirit that dwells in you" (Romans 8:11). "And we bring you the Good News that what God promised to our ancestors He has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising Jesus, as it is written in the second psalm, 'You are My Son, today I have begotten You.' As to His raising Him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, He has spoken in this way, 'I will give You the holy promises made to David.' Therefore He has also said in another psalm, 'You will not let Your Holy One experience corruption.' For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, died, was laid beside his ancestors, and experienced corruption. Let it be know to you, therefore, my brothers, that through this Man, forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you; by this Jesus, everyone who believes is set free from all those sins from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses" (Acts 13:34-39). Praise You, Lord Jesus, for this Good News! Praise You, Father God, for the fulfillment of Your promises. You spoke to me at the beginning of this year that this would be a year of fulfillment. You led me to fast and pray for these forty days from Ash Wednesday to Resurrection Sunday for the fulfillment of Your promises in my life and my generation. And every promise is fulfilled in You. By Your grace, I am emptied of myself, to be filled with the fullness of Your Spirit (Ephesians 3:19). Keep on emptying me and keep on filling me. As the light of Your glory filled the tomb that day, let the light of Your glory fill my soul this day. By Your grace and the mercy of Your love, I rise "in newness of life" to feast on Your presence -- my life in You and Your Life in me (Romans 6:4). Christ in me, "the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). This is the Good News! He is risen indeed! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Happy Easter, Friends! I pray that the Lord will bring to fulfillment all of His purposes and plans for you in this year! Thank you for covering me in prayer for my fast. I actually lost 25 pounds, but more importantly I lost pounds of "flesh." Please pray that I will keep it off -- both the flesh and the fat! Thank you for covering us in prayer at Church of the Savior last night. It was a glorious evening in the presence of God watching and waiting for the coming of this glorious morning. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's (and now cd's) for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com