Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hosanna! 4-9-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. On this Palm Sunday, I lift my palms and my praise to You. Hosanna! Hosanna in the highest! ... "The next day the great crowd that had come to the festival heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. So they took branches of palm tress and went out to meet Him, shouting, 'Hosanna! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord -- the King of Israel!' Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, as it is written: 'Do not be afraid Daughter of Zion. Look, your king is coming, sitting on a donkey's colt' " (John 12:12-15). Lord Jesus, You are the One who comes in the name of the Lord. You are the Lord, for You and the Father are One (John 10:30). You humbled Yourself on a donkey as You entered the Jerusalem for what would become the "Holy Week," just as You humbled Yourself "in human likeness" when You set aside the glory of heaven to enter the struggle the our lives in a broken and fallen world (Philippians 2:5-8). Here You willingly chose to enter the gates of Jerusalem where the same crowds who would shout Hosannas! and praises on Palm Sunday would become the crowds who would shout "Crucify Him!" on Good Friday. Yet for the love of each of them and each of us, You "became obedient to the point of death -- even death on a cross" (verse 2:8). Forgive me, Lord, for the times I have praised You in one moment and crucified You with my sin in the next. Lord Jesus, humble Yourself to enter again into the gates of my heart today. As I waive the palms of praise, let me follow in Your steps through this Holy Week. As You laid down Your life for me, give me grace to lay down my life for You. Hosanna! Blessed is the One who comes in the name of the Lord -- the King of Israel and the King of my heart! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com