Monday, April 10, 2006

I Honor You 4-10-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As we sang yesterday, "Amazing love, how can it be, that You my King, would die for me? Amazing love, I know it's true, and it's my joy to honor You. In all I do, I honor You." ... "Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love. God's love was revealed among us in this way: God sent His only Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God but that He love us and sent His Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins. Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and His love is perfected in us" (1 John 4:7-12). I honor You when I love. I honor You by allowing You to live in me. And when You live in me, You love through me, for You are Love. We cannot see You because "God is Spirit" (John 4:24). But You are the Spirit of Love, living in the hearts of all who honor You by allowing You to live and love through us. As others sees us love, they see You, the One who is Love, living through us. "By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father has sent His Son as the Savior of the world. God abides in those who confess that Jesus is the Son of God, and they abide in God. So we have known and believe the love that God has for us" (1 John 4:13-16). As I follow in Your steps through this Holy Week, let me see Your love for me and for this world in every step of love: As You weep over Jerusalem knowing the rejection that will come; as You boldly confront the secular and religious authorities of the day knowing the penalty for speaking the truth in love will be death on a cruel cross; as You gather with Your disciples to give Yourself to them of Your Body and Your Blood to live eternally in communion with You by Your Spirit abiding in them; as You wrestle in the garden with the calling of the ultimate sacrifice of Your life under the burden of all the world's sins and shame and pain, yet willingly choose to surrender to the will of our Father out of the sacrifice of Your perfect love; as You face the mockery and injustice of blasphemy and rebellion as the holy Lamb of God willingly led to the slaughter; as hands that were created to worship You will turn against You to scourge You and nail You to the cross that will become the eternal sign of Your ultimate sacrifice of love for us; and as You rise in the resurrection power of Your glory to display the ultimate victory of Your Love and Your Life over all sin and death. You have honored me in the sacrifice of Your love in a way that I will not fully comprehend until the day I see You face to face. In Your amazing love, You are my King who died for me. I choose to love You and honor You by embracing Your gift of love for me. Come live and love through me. In all I do, I honor You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com