Monday, April 17, 2006

Moving Forward in Power 4-17-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In the celebration of Your resurrection, I celebrate the Passover from death to life, from bondage to freedom, from the land of oppression to the land of promise. You are the Passover Lamb who takes away the sins of the world and You are the Resurrection Power who empowers me to live and move and have my being in You. ... As I watch and wait for the leading of Your Spirit, I see a bright red new car and a set of keys. I don't think this is a promise of things to come -- but I will faithfully receive whatever You choose to faithfully give! As I seek Your discernment, it seems You are showing me the blessing of resurrection is like being given a brand new car. "So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!" (2 Corinthians 5:17) And the red color I believe speaks of the fire and the power of Holy Spirit. In the glory of Your resurrection in me, I am filled up, on fire, and ready to go! And wherever I go I will be revealing my great gift of the grace of Your glory. It seems You are saying the keys speak of my part. Even though You have given me this incredible gift and want to send me to incredible places of life and ministry in the journey with You, I can't go anywhere unless I take the keys of the kingdom You have given me and engage the ignition. I can't move forward unless I put action to my faith. You are calling me to put my faith into practice and my hands to the wheel, to put this vehicle of Your grace into "drive" and press down on the pedal of Your power and "give it the gas." You are the gift and You are the source of power, but my part is take the gift You have given me and move forward. In Christ, I am raised with You in resurrection power, but now by Your grace, I must "walk in newness of life," not just stand here in newness of life (Romans 6:4). You didn't give me this gift and this power to just sit here and let everyone admire my new car. You've given me a gift for the journey to take me somewhere, as I engage my heart with Your power. I'm filled up and ready to go, Lord! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's (and now cd's) for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com