Sunday, July 09, 2006

Extravagantly Glorious and Abundant Life 7-9-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I’ve come to Fairview Heights, Illinois to share Your words of truth and life with the people here this morning and over the next few days. So open my heart to hear Your words and open my spirit to receive Your life so that I can share what I receive. … “I came that they may have life and have it abundantly” (John 10:10b). Abundant life is so much more than living on life support. Abundant life is living the fullness of life in the very face of death – in the face of the thief who “comes only to steal and kill and destroy” (verse 10:10a). We don’t live life in a vacuum. We live it out day by day, morning by morning, in the midst of a world submitting to the rule of the evil one. But we need not fear, for You have overcome the world and You have defeated the evil one. Give us courage then to confront death with life, to cast off our artificial means of just surviving and just getting by. Awaken us to live the extravagantly glorious and abundant lives You have created us to live. Like Lazarus, let us cast off our death clothes as You roll away the stones that have sealed our tombs. Release the Spirit of Your resurrection life into every area of our lives as You drive death, our enemy, from our lives (John 11:1-44). In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I will be preaching and teaching at Christ United Methodist Church in Fairview Heights, Illinois outside of St. Louis this Sunday through Tuesday: www.connectingwithchrist.com Then I will be joining the ministry team and teaching at Aldersgate Annual Conference of the Holy Spirit in Springfield, Illinois the rest of the week: www.aldersgaterenewal.org Please keep us in your prayers and if you can, come join us! To subscribe/unsubscribe or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's and cd's for spiritual transformation, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com