Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Into Your Hands 7-19-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I entrust myself and my family to You this day. … "In His hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of every human being" (Job 12:10). My first thoughts were turned to phone instead of to prayer this morning and now I'm on a flight from Kentucky to Texas. Sometime around 3:00 this morning, I got the call from my grandmother, Nanny, I knew would come one day soon. My ninety-seven year old grandfather, PaPa, is experiencing massive internal bleeding. He seems to be slipping from this earthly life, through the fleeting grip of death, and into the fullness of eternal life. We have chosen to entrust his life completely into Your hands and Your care, with no artificial means of preserving his life on earth -- only our faithful prayers in trusting surrender to Your perfect will. Death is our enemy (1 Corinthians 15:26). And in Jesus' name, we rebuke death from having any say in this matter, and we entrust PaPa into the hands of Life. You are Life and we trust You to snatch him out of the grip of death and deliver him into the hands of his Father in Your perfect timing and in Your perfect way. I pray You would steady the heart of my grandmother and give her the peace of Your presence. Calm my spirit and focus my thoughts as I travel to join her in these hours of uncertainty and stress. Give me Your words to speak and Your prayers to pray. Father, I pray for Your favor and grace as we make arrangements for the rest of our family to come alongside my grandparents in these sacred moments of time. They have no living children and as the oldest grandson, I will bear much responsibility. Help me to bear these burdens to You and follow the paths of Your leading through these delicate days. Into Your hands, I entrust the spirit and soul and body of my grandfather and Your son. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "... Preparing the Way of the Lord, ... Ministering the Healing Love of God." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.org