Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Praying in the Spirit 7-11-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I set aside my prayers and wait on You for Your prayers. … "Likewise, the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but hat very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27). I do not know how to pray as I ought. So, I look to You and listen for Your leading. You search my heart and You know my weaknesses and my needs. You searches the hearts of those for whom I'm interceding and You now their weaknesses and their needs. And then You intercede through me with sighs too deep for words, with intercession beyond my comprehension, but with prayers according to the will of God. As You begin to bring people and circumstances to my mind now, I give you my heart and I pray in Your Spirit according to Your will. … … As I pray, these are words and sighs in the groaning of the Spirit, yearning for the will of God to be done, for the kingdom of God to come on earth -- and in these lives of each person and each need You are bringing to mind -- as it is in heaven. I don't know the words You are praying, but the thoughts that come to my mind as I pray in the Spirit are thoughts of freedom … healing … breakthrough … restoration … hope … peace … cleansing … joy. I agree with Your will to release Your word and Your power into each of these lives by the power of Your Spirit. And I thank You for those who pray for me in the power of Your Spirit when You bring my face to their minds according to Your will. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Praying Friends, thank you for joining with me in prayer in ministry to the people here at Christ Church in Fairview, Illinois. Last night the Lord moved deeply in our hearts touching and healing deep wounds as He was binding up the brokenhearted and setting the captives free. Thank you for joining with me through your intercession in this ministry of prayer and proclaiming God's Word in the power of His Spirit. I'll be speaking with pastors this morning from other churches in the area on the ministry of inner healing and deliverance. Please keep us in your prayers. God bless you! Wednesday, I will be joining the ministry team and teaching at the Aldersgate Annual Conference of the Holy Spirit in Springfield, Illinois the rest of the week: www.aldersgaterenewal.org Please keep us in your prayers and if you can, come join us! To subscribe/unsubscribe or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's and cd's for spiritual transformation, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com