Monday, September 04, 2006

Eternal Glory in Christ 9-4-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Give me grace to see You and hear You and follow You this day. … "And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself restore, support, strengthen, and establish you" (1 Peter 5:10). You have not promised us a world without pain nor a life without suffering. Yet You have promised us that through it all, You would be with us. You never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5). As You said to Your people who would follow Joshua through the battles they would encounter in order to establish them in the fullness of Your promises: "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed" (Deuteronomy 31:8). You are my Joshua. And I will arise and follow You. You go before me and You are with me. I need not fear the battles nor be dismayed by the suffering. You are restoring me, supporting me, strengthening me, and establishing me as I keep my eyes on You and answer Your call to move forward into the fullness of Your promises. It's not in spite of, but because of the endurance of faith through suffering, that You are establishing in me the promise of Your "eternal glory in Christ." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "... Ministering the Healing Love of God, ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794