Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I Will Take My Stand 9-13-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open the eyes of my heart to see You and open the ears of my heart to hear You. … As I woke this morning, I heard my heart saying, "I will take my stand." Lord, what does this mean? It seems I hear You say, "Stand in the strength of the Lord. Apart from Me, you cannot stand, you cannot endure. When all is shaken that can be shaken, there will be no security apart from Me. Learn now to stand secure in Me and you always will." Yes, Lord. No flesh can stand in the presence of a holy God (Exodus 3:5). By Your grace and in the mercy of Your patience, crucify my flesh and uproot my pride. Break away my self-sufficiency on which I am tempted to stand in the illusion of my own strength. I have no strength that will sustain my spirit through the battles of the day and the challenges to come. Teach me how to take my stand in You. "So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that the kingdom of God is near…. Be on guard that your hearts are not weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of this life, and that day does not catch you unexpectedly, like a trap. For it will come upon all who live on the face of the whole earth. Be alert at all times, praying that you may have the strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of Man" (Luke 21:31-36). By the love and mercy of God my Father that calls me Your son through repentance and faith, by the blood of Jesus that cleanses my soul and makes me whole, and by the power of the Holy Spirit that strengthens me to stand in the strength of the Lord, I take my stand in You. "As a result, Christ will make your hearts strong, blameless, and holy when you stand before God our Father on that day when our Lord Jesus comes with all those who belong to Him" (1 Thessalonians 3:13). As I learn to stand in You and welcome You to stand in me, You are making my heart "strong, blameless, and holy" in the grace of God. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! this Friday night at 7 pm for our ministry's monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Road in Lexington. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God, ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com