Thursday, September 07, 2006

Walk in the Opposite 9-7-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call on Your name and I ask for Your nature. … "Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21). Teach me how to walk in the opposite spirit of the spirits that come against me. Empower me to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. Where there is pride, help me walk in humility. Where there is fear, help me walk in faith. Where there is judgment, help me walk in mercy. Where there is bitterness, help me walk in forgiveness. Where there is heaviness, help me walk in praise. Where there is confusion, help me walk in clarity. Where there is doubt, help me walk in wisdom. Where there is anxiety, help me walk in peace. "For You have delivered my soul from death, and my feet from falling, so that I may walk before God in the light of life" (Psalm 56:13). Possess me with Your Holy Spirit and deliver me from every unholy spirit (Matthew 6:13). Fill me with Your Light and cast out of me all darkness. "For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of light -- for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true" (Ephesians 5:8-9). "It is You who light my lamp; the Lord, my God, lights up my darkness" (Psalm 18:28). In faith, I ask and by grace, I receive more of Your mind and more of Your heart, as I choose to submit my nature to Your nature and my will to Your will. Help me walk in Your Spirit and not in my flesh. Help me overcome evil with good. Lord Jesus, make me more like You each day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794