Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Witnesses of Peace 9-6-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You, Lord, because You first loved me. I praise You, Lord, because You are worthy of all praise. … Thank You for the gift of the Tuesday Night Prayer Group -- the group of men and women of prayer from all different traditions across our community who gather together for intercession and worship every week at the heart of our city. Margaret Therkelsen, one of my spiritual mentors and mothers in the faith, has faithfully led this group every week for over twenty years of city-wide prayer. We'll never know until we get to heaven how this bond of unity in the faith and in prayer has transformed the spiritual atmosphere of our region as instruments of Your grace to open the heavens over the lives of the people You've called us to love and cover in the power of prayer. Though I've not been able to join them in their faithful ministry as often this past year, I am always refreshed and renewed in weightiness of the glory of Your presence as we seek Your face and pray Your grace. Last night I felt like I needed to be there with my praying family and friends. At the end, as Margaret led us to wait on You for any final leadings of Your Spirit, I heard You say, "Be witnesses of My peace." And You brought to mind the face of my friend Ann who was singing in the choir at our Community Prayer Gathering last week with her face lifted to You in praise the very next day after her daughter Beth's funeral. What a witness she was to me and our community of the peace of Your eternal perspective. As soon as I prayed, You confirmed through my friend Sandy what You had been speaking to her all night, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid" (John 14:27). Yes, Lord. By Your grace, empower us to be witnesses of Your peace. Give us Your eternal perspective. Keep lifting our eyes unto the hills from whence cometh our help; our help comes from the Lord who gives us peace in the midst of pain and quiets our souls in the midst of suffering. You are our Peace and our Comforter. Let the world around us see the witness of Your Peace and Your Comfort shining through our faces turned to You in trusting faith and highest praise. Let us be encouraged by the witness of others to be witnesses ourselves to the peace and power of Your presence. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you can't join her on Tuesday nights, you will be deeply blessed through the ministry of Margaret Therkelsen in her books: The Love Exchange -- An Adventure in Prayer and Realizing the Presence of the Spirit. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794