Monday, October 09, 2006

"Arise and Eat" 10-8-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your Word and Your Spirit are my Light and my Strength. ... We've been studying the stories of Elijah in church. In the wilderness, You touched him and called to him, "Get up and eat, otherwise the journey will be too much for you" (1 Kings 19:7). It seems I hear You saying, "Arise and eat. Come rise into My presence through your spirit in prayer. Come eat of My Word as I meet you there." Now it seems I hear Your Spirit singing to my spirit: "Arise, My son, arise! Come rise into My presence through your spirit in prayer. Arise, My son, arise! Come eat of My Word as I meet you there. Arise, My son, arise! Come follow my steps through this day. Arise, My son, arise! Come follow Me and I'll show you the way." Yes, Lord. You are a God who sings to my spirit with gladness and renews my spirit in love (Zephaniah 3:17). I thank You for the times of rest and renewal, and I thank you for the times of calling and commissioning to send me on in the light of Your Word and the strength of Your Spirit. "One does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God" (Matthew 4:4). Thank You for speaking Your words of life and truth to me today. Help me keep listening and obeying and You keep leading throughout this day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come join us Saturday 10/4 if you can and pray for us if you can't: From Brokenness to Breakthrough Healing from Grief, Sorrow, Trauma, and Pain in a Broken World Saturday, October 14, 2006 A day of Teaching, Worship, & Healing Prayer Ministry with Rev. Tommy Hays Spiritual Director, Messiah Ministries www.messiah-ministries.org Rob Poindexter leading worship for Evening Healing Service Brooke Perkinson & Shannon Barrett leading worship for the day Grief, Sorrow, Trauma, and Pain -- the emotional wounds of our past can define and determine the rest of our lives unless we find ways to express them and release them to God. One way is through compassionate and gentle healing ministry of prayer. Together, we will seek to understand God's healing principles and welcome His healing presence to draw out the pain and pour in His love, releasing us to live out our destiny in freedom from the pain of the past. All are welcome! Please come join us and spread the word! Pre-register by October 12 $15/person; $25/couple; lunch included; ($5 more at the door) Full Scholarships to cover the full cost are available where needed, so that all who seek prayer ministry may come. To Register with Credit Card by Phone: Call Marilyn Walker, Director of Ministries: 859-317-1591 Or Send Check/Money Order to:Messiah Ministries2800 Tates Creek Rd.Lexington, KY 40502 Where:The Foundryat Centenary United Methodist Church2800 Tates Creek Rd.Lexington, KY When:Saturday, October 14th, 20069:00 am-9:00 pm (morning and afternoon worship/teaching/ministry; evening worship and healing service) For information about Rev. Tommy Hays and Messiah Ministries of Lexington, KY: www.messiah-ministries.org Order our DVDs or CDs on Spiritual Transformation through inner healing and deliverance prayer ministry on-line or Email Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com or call 859-317-1591 Please forward this note to everyone who would be interested and please include this note in your church bulletins, newsletters, announcements, and other contacts. See attachment God bless you and I hope to see you there! Tommy Hays Messiah Ministries To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com