Tuesday, October 31, 2006

"The Lord Who Heals You" 10-31-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my eyes toward You and entrust my spirit, soul, and body into Your care again this day. … "I am the Lord who heals you" (Exodus 15:26). You are a healing God. Sometimes You heal instantaneously in the moment of a miracle, when heaven meets earth in display of Your power for all to see. Sometimes You heal in the steady process of restoration to wholeness -- little by little and step by step. Sometimes You heal through the help of other people and other means of Your creation You bring into our lives to come along side us in Your healing process. Sometimes You heal by giving us the grace to persevere in faith no matter what we face. And sometimes You heal through the resurrection into the body of glory You have prepared for us in eternity. Sunday, I felt progressively worse until the doctor identified that I had contracted strep throat. Though You have used doctors and medicine and rest, You are the source of my healing for You are the Lord who heals me. You have "borne our infirmities and carried our diseases" (Isaiah 53:4; Matthew 8:17). By Your cross and through Your blood, You have taken our sins and shame, our sickness and pain, calling us to release them to You in agreement with Your will to live our lives whole and free. "He himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed" (1 Peter 2:24). As I rise today in newness of life, I thank You for the power of You healing love to me. You are the Lord who heals me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I would appreciate your continuing prayers for complete restoration. I will be leading a revival in Madisonville, Kentucky Sunday through Wednesday 11/5-8 and then an Aldersgate Regional Fellowship Retreat in Pennsylvania Friday through Sunday 11/10-12. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com .Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794