Friday, October 27, 2006

Our Spiritual War 10-27-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Through the victory of the cross and the glory of the resurrection, You said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me" (Matthew 28:18). I willingly submit in trusting surrender to Your authority in my life again this day. … "For who is God except the Lord? And who is a Rock besides our God? -- the God who girded me with strength, and made my way safe. He made my feet like the feet of a deer, and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your right hand has supported me; You help has made me great. You gave me a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip. I pursued my enemies and overtook them; and did not turn back until they were consumed. I struck them down, so that they were not able to rise; they fell under my feet. For You girded me with strength for the battle; You made my assailants sink under me. You made my enemies turn their backs to me, and those who hated me I destroyed. They cried for help but there was no one to save them. I beat them fine like dust before the wind; I cast them out like the mire of the streets" (Psalm 18:31-34). By Your Spirit, I taught on spiritual warfare at our Alpha Course at church last night. Our faith is not a feeble faith, and the battles of our faith are not won through passivity, complacency, or ignorance in denial of spiritual truth. We have a real enemy who is like a roaring lion seeking to devour our souls; he is the ancient serpent who comes to "make war" against the children of God who "hold the testimony of Jesus" (1 Peter 5:8-9; Revelation 12:17). But we are commanded to confront him and his kingdom of darkness in the authority of Your name and in the power of Your blood, steadfast in our faith to overcome the enemy of our souls (Matthew 10:7-8; Revelation 12:11). As we do, the gates of hell cannot prevail against You and Your people who fight for the freedom of those who were bound by the darkness but are set free in Your light (Matthew 16:18; Colossians 1:11-14). Our enemies are not flesh and blood; they are the spiritual forces of wickedness of this present darkness (Ephesians 6:12). But they are defeated by the victory of the cross, and You call us to enforce that victory in every area of our lives in the lives of others in the power and authority of Your name (Colossians 2:8-15). This is "the good fight of the faith" we are called and empowered to wage as we pursue our spiritual enemies without mercy until they are beaten fine like dust and crushed under our feet in the name of Jesus, before whom all things must bow and submit to Your Lordship and Your authority (1 Timothy 6:12; Philippians 2:9-11). As we do, You have promised, "The God of peace will shortly crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you" (Romans 16:20). Thanks be to God! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To order my DVD and CD set of teaching on biblical principles of spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please see our resources page at www.messiah-ministries.org or send us a note at MessiahMin@aol.com . The Lord is preparing our hands for war as He advances His kingdom of light in the midst of the darkness of these days. Also, I am attaching my power-point presentation from my week of teaching at Christ for the Nations in Dallas, Texas a couple of years ago called "Holy War -- Fighting the Good Fight of the Faith." I will be teaching on this topic of spiritual warfare at the Minister's Conference for the Southeastern Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church in Lake Junaluska, NC on July 11-12 this summer -- please come if you can: www.sejumc.org To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com. Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794