Monday, November 27, 2006

Fear Him and Seek Him 11-27-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me in the paths of Your righteousness today. ... "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and delivers them. O taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in Him. O fear the Lord, you His holy ones, for those who fear Him have no want. The young lions suffer want and hunger, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing" (Psalm 34:7-10). You call me to seek You and to fear You at the same time. Teach me Your ways, Lord. Let Your ways become my ways, a little more each day. ... It seems I hear You say, "My son, there are those who seek the blessings of My hands without seeking the glory of My face. There are those who want to know Me for what I can do for them, not really desiring to know Me for who I am to them. This is not the fear of the Lord. To fear Me is to honor Me for who I am without regard to what I can do for you. I am the Lord your God. Seek Me first and My righteousness. Then all these things will be added unto you. When you seek Me in this way, you honor Me, you fear Me, and you welcome Me to encamp around you." Yes, Lord. As someone has said, I choose to seek Your face before Your hands. By Your grace, I seek You first (Matthew 6:33). As You have said in the wisdom of Your Word, "I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me diligently find Me" (Proverbs 8:17). Help me continue to learn how to walk this journey of faith in both the fear of the Lord and the intimacy of the Lord, as You teach me to seek You and to honor You for who You are. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we are planning some times to share the vision and calling of Messiah Ministries with those who are friends of our ministry and those who would like to know more. If you are in the Lexington area and would like to be included, please send me a note at MessiahMin@aol.com or call at 859-422-1794. God bless! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com